Sunday 16 October 2022

The View from Here

 "I haven't faced death. I've cheated death. I've tricked my way out of death and patted myself on the back for my own ingenuity.

I know nothing". 

William Shatner as Captain James T Kirk. Star Trek II.

Brian J did a superb job recently on picking-up on William Shatner's recent Variety magazine interview regarding his encounter with the vastness of the void in his Blue Origin voyage out of the atmosphere. I won't unpack it here, and steal the thunder, but it causes us to consider what, exactly "speaks" deep inside us and why.

We all need a moment of true encounter in respect to who and what we are, but where that takes us will depend deeply as to what, or more importantly, who is revealed to us in that manner of moment. Many speak of revelations of themselves, harsh those may be, or about the nature of life, but all of these pale in comparison to the meeting of the one who fashioned and holds all things.

This is the manner of encounter that we all need.

No comments: