Wednesday 8 June 2022

Downfall

 "For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are unseen are eternal"  2 Corinthians 4:18.

Some years ago, I found myself having to suddenly oversee and speak at the family funeral service for my elder brother.

It was something of a surprise for everyone... except me. Earlier that day, God had shown me in a premonition that this would happen, so when the moment arose, I was surprisingly calm and inwardly prepped for what was required.

I often recall that moment, and how the Lord must have done similar things with others to ready them in an hour of crisis.

We live in a day when such troubles are commonplace, so where do we cast our gaze? From where do we find our aid in such an hour.

In this troubling yet assuring talk, Todd Brewer examines the certainty of the troubles ahead but also how this has to allow us to welcome a far greater and more permanent reality into the here and now if we want to be properly prepared to remain calm and carry on.

No comments: